Throughout this seventh and final season of Parks and Recreation
, which unfortunately wraps up tonight, Michael Schur and the rest of the writers, some of whom we spoke to in our oral history
, have been having fun guessing what life’s going to be like in 2017. It’s kind of like Back to the Future Part II
, but instead of hoverboards, phones turn into skateboards. The Chicago Cubs also make it to the World Series in both scenarios. How many of their predictions will come true? Twenty-two months will only tell, but I’ve got a good feeling about Hitch 2: Son of a Hitch
, starring Jaden Smith. Here’s the complete collection of Parks
predictions for 2017.
1. HOLOGRAM PHONES.
2. The new “funny” Jason Bourne reboot stars Kevin James.
3. Shia LaBeouf is a wedding dress designer.
4. Tablets want our human skin.
5. Facebook has been replaced by Gryzzlbook.
6. The Cubs won the World Series!
7. Good news, they made a sequel to Hitch, the Jaden Smith-starring Hitch 2: Son of a Hitch.
8. THERE ARE ONLY 595 MILLION INDIANA BROWN ANTS LEFT.
9. Elton John bought and now owns Chick-fil-A.
10. There’s a Pulitzer Prize for Best Top-10 Listicle (Bloosh won two years in a row).