Christina Elmore is an actress probably best known for portraying Ashae in Fruitvale Station. Currently, she portrays Lt. Alisha Granderson on the TNT drama, The Last Ship, which returns for its second season on Sunday, June 21.
Christina was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A greyhound! I could drink them all day and night, but I don’t (I promise) because that might mean I have a problem.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Game of Thrones (duh), Call the Midwives (I’m a sucker for sappy British drama) and Bloodline on Netflix is my latest binge.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Thai food, ordering one of everything on the menu. Sugary, peanuty, curry heaven!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Apartment Therapy, Dwell, Pinterest, Style Me Pretty Living, Houzz. Pretty much any site where they teach you step-by-step how to make your house less boring and more pretty.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Oceans” by Hillsong United. The woman who leads it sings right to my soul.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
A boy named Todd in my sixth grade class. Meanest kid alive.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
Homemade grout cleaner. I wish I could make that sound interesting.
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. Cats don’t cuddle nearly enough.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Destiny’s Child farewell concert, summer of 2005.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It’s magic.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My husband makes dinner every night. It’s little things like that that make me swoon.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Wake up around 9, whip up a smoothie, go on a hike, Thai food for lunch, see two movies in the theater while eating lots of popcorn, go home, get in bed by 9, surf Pinterest for two hours, and be knocked out by 11.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Pretty Woman. Only problem is that it’s always on! I’ve lost many a Sunday afternoon this way.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
My little cousin’s tee ball team. They beast out.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Millennium, a fancy vegan restaurant in San Francisco. Unfortunately, it just closed, so I’m left with only my memories.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Cinderella with a 10 year old. So sweet.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
The late Lee Thompson Young (also known as The Famous Jett Jackson). I wrote a song about him and memorized every random fact I could. I’m still heartbroken that he’s gone.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Bacon-wrapped ham. I’m a vegetarian, but I have a feeling you’re supposed to make bacon-wrapped ham for a guy like Nic Cage. Just a feeling.
PREVIOUSLY: Moe McRae.