Maribeth Monroe is an actress probably best known for playing office manager Alice Murphy on Workaholics. You may have also seen her on shows like Parks & Recreation, Key & Peele, Maron, and Modern Family. Currently, she co-stars in the new HBO series The Brink where she plays Kendra Peterson, assistant to Tim Robbins’ numbskull of a U.S. Secretary of State, Walter Lawson. A new episode of The Brink airs tonight on HBO.
Maribeth was nice enough to take time out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions for us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
If it’s Sam Malone from Cheers? Advice! If it’s Quark from Deep Space Nine? Advice!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Inside Amy Schumer, because she’s a GD genius.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Oysters Rockefeller served by Peter Dinklage in character as Tyrion and all we talk about is Game of Thrones.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
“Porn.com” or “moreporn.com” but mostly “stoplyingaboutlikingporn.com”
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Kreayshawn’s “Gucci Gucci.” It’s my “fire me up/about to audition/F that person who just cut me off” jam.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Ann Coulter or any Bush (the family, not the shrub).
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Where is a Potbelly’s Sandwich shop in Detroit?”
9. Dogs or cats?
Doggers all the way.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
The Grateful Dead in 1995 when Jerry was still alive. I had no idea who they were and completely fell in love. I was kind of a Deadhead from that point on.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Friends: Siddhartha, The Pearl, or Catcher in the Rye.
Enemies: 50 Shades of Grey, The Twilight series, or Formica for Dummies*.
*I didn’t read the latter but….Right?!
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
During a really shitty time in my life, my sister-in-law gave me a stack of index cards with really empowering quotes she had written on them. Eleanor Roosevelt, Maya Angelou, etc. She’s a hospice nurse and a total badass. Those quotes got me through a very difficult time and I still read them today when I need inspiration.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park, but this was a shitty decision to force someone to make, so F you.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Late brunch. Hot yoga class. Connect with a friend. Shit in a river.*
*One of these isn’t true.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Prometheus, because F everyone.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
DETROIT. FOREVER. DETROIT.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Pitch Perfect 2. It was great! But jeez! I need to go to the movies soon! It’s been too long!
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Probably either Scott Baio in Charles in Charge or Kirk Cameron in Growing Pains. The 80’s man…
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
PREVIOUSLY: Nick Giovannetti