Rooster McConaughey — Texas piping magnate, brother of Matthew, character extraordinaire — is back for another round of West Texas Investors Club. The show features Rooster and fellow businessman Butch Gilliam, along with their friend Gil Prather, giving other hopeful entrepreneurs a shot at their dream, kind of like a very Texas version of Shark Tank. Season two premieres tonight on CNBC at 10 p.m.
Rooster was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A beer of course, but not draft if I can help it. The air ruins it and it gives you dishonest farts.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I don’t look at it much but if I did it would be Gil Prather, you never know what that guy is gonna say.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Besides West Texas Investors Club, my wife usually handles the DVR and she is watching a novela called El Señor de los Cielos. The acting is so bad that it is really entertaining.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Besides the obvious, Miller Light, it would be the nastiest, juiciest, loaded with everything hamburger with so much mayonnaise I have to keep licking it off my elbow. Hell yes.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
None of your damn business.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Probably the George Jones songs that my son Miller put on there. He loves “He Stopped Loving Her Today.” I used to be into that, what’s the name, Left Turn? No, One Direction? But not since Zayn left. And all that time I never could really understand the words and I thought they were a gospel band.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
To slow the hell down before it becomes a habit.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
I’m like everybody else, I gotta see what came out of Trump’s mouth yesterday.
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs — I’ve got quite the litter.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull, but it may have been the bottle of Robitussin DM cough syrup I drank that made it so great.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A cookbook for lack of a better answer.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Had faith in me.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Ride around the ranches drinking beer.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
My dad played for Green Bay so I’m partial to them, but Miller’s little league team I have a lot of passion for. He’s a great player and they’re fun to watch.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
It would’ve had to be at someone’s house. Restaurants are overrated.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Mud at my brothers premiere in Austin.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Susan St. James — but that was way before Charlie Ebersol was born.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
He’s Italian isn’t he? Hell, I’d get him a pepperoni pizza.