Xosha Roquemore is an actress probably best know for her portrayal of Tamra on Fox’s The Mindy Project, which returns for its third season tonight. You may have also seen the Los Angeles native on Rescue Me, Southland, Nurse Jackie or Kirstie, in addition to the film, Precious.
Xosha was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Depends….If it’s daytime — white wine, if it’s night — a peaty whiskey on the rocks or some kind of spicy, Mezcal tequila cocktail.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Three-way tie between Chelsea Peretti, Jenni Konner and Mindy.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Watch What Happens LIVE, Black Jesus, Braxton Family Values, THE MINDY PROJECT, Unsung, oh and I recently DVR’d the movie Baggage Claim because I need to watch it like every other day. Once the TV season officially starts Brooklyn99, Walking Dead, AHS Freak Show and Girls will be in there too.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Fried seafood medley and a huge plate of french fries with Louisiana hot sauce. And maybe a Kale salad on the side…I love greens and if its my last meal I wanna go out the way I lived; healthy-ish.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Thereformation.com, Facebook and any sites it prompts me to go to like Buzzfeed for quizzes (I’m addicted) and For Harriet to read articles that enrage and empower me as a black woman hahahaha. Oh and Un-ruly.com for tips on hair! Also airbnb and jetsetter.com because I like to plan vacays that I don’t go on.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Right now its “Fight Night” by Migos. Some real Atlanta twerk shit, perfect for turning up in the car!
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Miley..sorry girl, no shade.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Ooooo so many meme’s to choose from I actually just learned that word, still unsure if I’m pronouncing it correctly. Meeeeem? I guess my faves are any of the ones that involve babies making sassy faces.
9. Dogs or cats?
DOGS ALL DAY…I like cat videos though.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
OMG Beyonce at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC! She did the whole “4” album in order and I was so close I could see in her weave and smell her. And she was pregnant with Blue Ivy but hadn’t announced it yet but I totally called it because her boobies were HUGE.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Depends on who I’m gifting. Probably something self help-y and corny like “The Secret”….Hey, it works!
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Listen to me when I’m a venting,raving lunatic….Thanks mom.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Lounge around, do Cardio Barre, have a boozy lunch, lounge more, daydream, have a boozy dinner.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Tie between Selena, Forrest Gump, Maid in Manhattan and 2 Can Play That Game.
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
I’m not a sports team fan. The athletes are handsome…I guess the Lakers because I’m from LA.#LAKERNATION
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At my grandma’s house. Our Christmas brunches are EPIC.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
No Good Deed! I saw it opening night, I’m an Idris Elba junkie.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
The boys of Tiger Beat circa 1994, Andrew Keegan, Rider Strong and Johnathan Taylor Thomas. JTT 4 LIFE!
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Salmon, asparagus and mashed potatoes…seems like he requires loads of protein.
PREVIOUSLY: Kim Wayans