A Taiwanese Girl Forgot To Change Her Contacts And Her Eyes Got DEVOURED BY AMOEBAS

Hey, let’s see what’s going on in Taiwan these days, shall we?

A student in Taiwan who kept a pair of disposable contact lenses in her eyes for six months has been left blinded after a microscopic bug devoured her eyeballs. [Daily Mail]

Oh God. Oh no. Oh God no. Nope nope nope.

The tiny single-cell amoeba ate away at undergraduate Lian Kao’s sight because she didn’t take out and clean the contacts once during that time.

According to a warning issued by doctors the case was a particularly severe example of a young person under pressure who did not take the time to carry out basic hygiene on their contact lenses.

“A particularly severe example.” You don’t say, doc. What tipped you off? The thing where A MICROSCOPIC BUG DEVOURED HER EYEBALLS. JESUS.

Medics were horrified when they removed the contact lenses to find that the surface of the girl’s eyes had literally been eaten by the amoeba that had been able to breed in the perfect conditions that existed between the contact lens and the eye.

We should not have checked in with Taiwan.

Source: Death and Taxes