A Woman Found Worms In Her McChicken Sandwich While A TV Crew Was At The Same McDonald’s

McDonalds Opening
Getty Image

If you have ever needed motivation to stop eating fast food altogether and dust off that P90X DVD set, let this story inspire you to do so. According to WJAX-TV in Jacksonville, Fla., resident Joyce Fedd and her two children went to a local McDonald’s drive-thru for a quick bite. Shortly after receiving her order, Joyce started eating one of the McChicken sandwiches she had paid for, only to notice something was a little off:

“I went to the drive-through and ordered two chicken sandwiches for my kids when I bit into this one something,” Fedd said. “I tasted something. Took it out my mouth and [it had] a worm in it.”’

Needless to say, Joyce was slightly displeased with the new McFriends in her sandwich, and she quickly made it known to WJAX-TV reporter Alyana Gomez… who just so happened to be at the same McDonald’s location covering a triple shooting from the previous evening. How morbidly serendipitous.

Seeing a potential PR disaster brewing, owner/operator Jim Van Laere quickly made a statement in reaction to Fedd’s discovery:

“Food safety is a top priority and we take incidents such as this very seriously, as it is highly unusual,” Jim Van Laere, the McDonald’s owner/operator, said. “When the customer returned to the restaurant and brought it to our attention, we refunded her money and replaced her sandwich, and quickly reviewed our entire kitchen to ensure this type of occurrence could not happen.”

This whole ordeal is pretty unsurprising, considering McDonald’s food quality has always been a little suspect, but look at the bright side. This was probably the first all-natural ingredient ever seen in a McChicken sandwich.

Source: WJAX-TV