Drew Brees is the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints and the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV. He’s generally regarded as one of the best to ever play his position and is a beloved figure in the city of New Orleans, where he’s commonly referred to as “Breesus Christ,” both for his exploits on the field and off. His charity, the Brees Dream Foundation, has raised millions over the years to help the city’s citizens and he’s currently teaming with Best Buy and Samsung to do even more. Learn more about those efforts here.
Drew was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions (though he skipped a few, probably because of endorsement deals and/or because he one day plans to one day run for mayor of New Orleans).
1. You walk into a bar. What’s do you order from the bartender?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter? Ellen DeGeneres
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO? ESPN 30/30, Modern Family and the Mentalist
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with? Country Fried Steak smothered in gravy with fried okra, black eyed peas and my Grandma’s cinnamon rolls.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis? MSN.com for news and e-mail
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod? Pearl Jam, Metallica and anything 80’s.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s your favorite meme?
9. Dogs or cats? Dogs
10. Best concert of your life was…? Kenny Chesney
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift? Katie Couric’s The Best Advice I Ever Got
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? My wife having our first born son on my birthday and following-up with two more boys.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do? Spend time with my wife and boys and paddle board
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on? Braveheart, Gladiator and Shawshank Redemption
16. Android or iPhone? Android
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life? New Orleans, LA
18. The last movie you saw in a theater? Argo
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?