A Seagull Fell Into A Vat Of Chicken Tikka Masala And The Vet Couldn’t Get Over How Great He Smelled

Entertainment Editor
06.09.16 2 Comments

In deliciously serious news, a seagull fell into a vat of chicken tikka masala in the U.K., dying the bird orange and creating the ultimate “eyes are too big for the tummy” tale. Seagulls are known to do whatever it takes to get something into their stomach, but this time, the scavenger was left shamed and dyed completely orange. Thankfully, the bird was cleaned and nursed back to health.

Lucy Kells,  a nurse at the hospital, told The Guardian that the bird smelled amazing.

“He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before. He had fallen into a waste vat of curry that was outside, it was chicken tikka masala. The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good. He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing-up liquid a few times.”

“I’ve been a veterinary nurse for 25 years and I have never seen this happen before.”

The big takeaway from this delicious mess? Even after cleaning, the bird still smells amazing. Even after the extensive cleanup. Maybe this could become a new trend for pet owners? Perhaps a nice little dip into a curry sauce can help your dog get rid of that weird corn chip smell and add some serious spice to the owner/pet paradigm. It doesn’t even have to be chicken tikka masala if that’s offensive to other birds. Maybe a nice paneer tikka masala could do the trick and make everyone happy?

(Via Science Alert)

Around The Web

UPROXX Twitter