If you couldn't believe Spain's 5-1 loss to the Netherlands in the World Cup, you weren't alone. Twitter's commentariat responded quickly to the sound defeat, even though a couple key Tweeters still aren't really sure what soccer is or what we're doing watching it. Here are the 10 best Twitter reactions to the landslide.
Almost every single man, woman, and child in the Netherlands has scored a goal against Spain.
– Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) June 13, 2014
At this point, my 7 year old neighbor Jesse has scored on Spain.
– rob delaney (@robdelaney) June 13, 2014
Spain fans right now pic.twitter.com/4tKafqHxa9
– Darth Vader (@DepressedDarth) June 13, 2014
– Geoff LaTulippe (@DrGMLaTulippe) June 13, 2014
I”ve just been informed that I, too, scored on Casillas today.
– Adam Jacobi (@Adam_Jacobi) June 13, 2014
I for one welcome our new Dutch overlords.
– Stefan Bienkowski (@SBienkowski) June 13, 2014
– Liam McEneaney (@HeyItsLiam) June 13, 2014