Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 results, from the Tokyo Dome, January 4, 2019. The show featured a double main event, including a no disqualification match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, and an IWGP Heavyweight Championship match with future implications for multiple promotions. Make sure you’re here later today for Emily Pratt’s Best and Worst of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 report.
Wrestle Kingdom 13 Results:
– 6-Man Tag Team Gauntlet Match: Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe and Toru Yano) and Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Yuji Nagata, Jeff Cobb and David Finlay, Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Beretta and Chuckie T.), Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr.) and The Elite (Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi and Marty Scurll). This was to determine new number one contenders for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.
1. NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Will Ospreay defeated Kota Ibushi (c). Ospreay won the championship after hitting Stormbreaker. Ibushi was stretchered out after the match, most likely due to a brutal decapitation elbow from Ospreay.
2. Triple Threat Match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi and Shingo Takagi) defeated Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado) (c) and Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh). Shingo won the match for his team with Last of the Dragon, formerly known as Last Falconry, to give his team the championship.
3. Revolution Pro Wrestling British Heavyweight Championship Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tomohiro Ishii (c). Sabre won by submission with a double-arm variation of “Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All To Happiness,” his extremely long way of saying “octopus hold.” Sabre was presented with the new RevPro Championship belt after the match.
4. Triple Threat Match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship: Los Ingobernables de Japon (Sanada and Evil) defeated Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) and The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson). Sanada pinned Matt Jackson after a moonsault, crowning LIJ the new IWGP Tag Team Champions.
5. IWGP United States Championship Match: Juice Robinson defeated Cody (c). Juice won the match with Pulp Friction to become the new U.S. Champion. Cody wore Jacksonville Jaguars-themed tights, and the announcers even mentioned AEW.
6. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Taiji Ishimori defeated KUSHIDA (c). A child was dressed in terrifying KUSHIDA cosplay before the match. Bone Soldier was able to win the championship with Bloody Cross, his single underhook double knee facebreaker.
7. Jay White defeated Kazuchika Okada. Okada returned to his classic look, with blonde hair and shorts. Okada hit the Rainmaker but went for a second, allowing White to counter with the Blade Runner to win the match.
8. No Disqualification Match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito defeated Chris Jericho (c). Naito smashed Jericho in the face with the title belt, then hit Destino to win the match and the championship.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kenny Omega (c). Tanahashi countered One-Winged Angel, then hit a Slingblade and the High Fly Flow to win the main event. Tanahashi is once again IWGP Heavyweight Champion.