Here are your quick, editorial-free WWE NXT results for October 16, 2019. The show featured the in-ring return of Tommaso Ciampa, the rubber match between Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic, and more. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of NXT column.
1. Tommaso Ciampa defeated Angel Garza. Ciampa attacked Garza’s pants, which Garza had thrown at him moments before. While Garza was distracted, Ciampa threw the pants in Garza’s face and hit his draping DDT, now called the “Widow’s Bell,” to win the match. After the match, Undisputed Era showed up to intimidate Ciampa. Instead of attacking him, they handed him a mysterious USB drive.
– The USB contained footage of Undisputed Era beating up Velveteen Dream backstage.
2. Imperium (Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel) defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. Aichner, Barthel, and Alexander Wolf posed in the ring.
– A video package played about Johnny Gargano’s history in NXT. In a backstage interview, he said he won’t know how he felt about Ciampa’s return “until I see him face-to-face.”
3. Io Shirai defeated Kayden Carter, fka Lacey Lane. Shirai won the brief match when she pinned Carter with a moonsault.
– Shirai cut a promo about how she, not Rhea Ripley or Bianca Belair, should be the next wrestler to face Shayna Baszler. Rhea Ripley interrupted her and said next week she would put Bianca Belair “in her place,” but if Shirai mentioned her name again Ripley would shut her up. Shirai left the ring while yelling at Ripley in Japanese.
– Boa was shown warming up backstage. He cut a promo in Chinese.
– William Regal said that Velveteen Dream won’t be cleared in time for his NXT North American Championship match. Roderick Strong will now defend his North American Championship against the winner of tonight’s Keith Lee vs. Dominic Dijakovic match.
4. Keith Lee vs. Dominic Dijakovic ended in a disqualification when Strong ran in and attacked the wrestlers with his belt. Regal told him that was clever, but not clever enough because now he will have to defend the North American Championship against both Dominic Dijakovic and Keith Lee next week.
– Undisputed Era protested Strong’s new match to Regal during the commercial break and NXT showed it after the commercial break.
5. Matt Riddle defeated Bronson Reed. Riddle pinned Reed with BroDerek.
– A video package played in which Bianca Belair cut a promo on Rhea Ripley about their upcoming match.
6. Tegan Nox defeated Taynara. Nox won her return match with her Shining Wizard.
– Shayna Baszler, accompanied by Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, interrupted Nox’s post-match interview. The trio faced off with Nox and Dakota Kai and Baszler pointed out that Nox is a long way from the NXT Women’s Championship picture.
– Finn Balor cut a promo about how he found “his heart” and that “next week, my future will be my past.”
7. Killian Dain defeated Boa, tapping him out with an abdominal stretch variation. After the match, Dain had a standoff with Pete Dunne, who was entering for his main event match.
8. Damian Priest defeated Pete Dunne. Priest hit Dunne with a low blow when the referee couldn’t see it, then hit The Reckoning for the win.