Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE NXT results for October 9, 2019. The show featured a Cruiserweight Championship match, a capital letters showdown between KUSHIDA and WALTER, the North American Champion in action, and more. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of NXT column.
1. Cruiserweight Championship Match: Lio Rush defeated Drew Gulak with his Final Hour frog splash to become the new Cruiserweight Champion. After the match, William Regal presented the title belt to Rush. Note: the title is now known as the “NXT Cruiserweight Championship.”
2. Rhea Ripley defeated Aliyah by submission with a gorilla clutch (pictured above). After the match, Ripley said that she’s coming for Shayna Baszler.
3. Forgotten Sons defeated Breezango. Breezango was scheduled to wrestle Ever-Rise, but the Forgotten Sons beat them up and took their spot. Steve Cutler pinned Fandango after the Sons’ jumping stomp/reverse DDT combination.
4. Cameron Grimes defeated Boa instantly with a jumping double-stomp. Killian Dain showed up and attacked them both.
5. NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong defeated Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott by submission with the Stronghold. Undisputed Era came down to the ring after the match to check on Strong and were interrupted by the Velveteen Dream, who showed a picture of Strong naked with the North American Championship, and a photoshopped picture of Strong without it. Dream will challenge strong for the title in two weeks. Tomasso Ciampa also made an appearance, telling “Goldie” that “daddy’s home.”
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) October 10, 2019
6. Bianca Belair defeated Dakota Kai. Belair pinned Kai after the KOD. After the match, Belair said that if Rhea Ripley wants to get to Shayna Baszler, she’ll have to go through her first.
– Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic will main-event next week’s show. Pete Dunne vs. Damien Priest is also on the card, as well as Tommaso Ciampa vs. Angel Garza stemming from a backstage confrontation on this week’s show.
7. WALTER defeated KUSHIDA. KUSHIDA got hit with a shotgun dropkick and kicked out of a powerbomb, but fell to a ripcord lariat. Imperium posed on the stage to end the show.