NXT held its live TV tapings at Full Sail University on Wednesday night for the remainder of June and the first half of July. Here’s everything that happened, and everything you need to know. These episodes (in whatever form they take) will air on June 19, June 26, July 3, and July 10.
Please be aware that everything you read in the subsequent paragraphs is an actual, massive, legitimate spoiler for what will happen over the next several weeks of NXT television. You may read on only at your own risk. But if you’re the sort of person who just simply cannot wait until it happens on WWE Network to find out what happens next, congratulations! This post is for you!
NXT TV Taping Spoilers:
– The tapings started with 49 seconds of silence for the 3rd anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting.
– The show tapings open with Undisputed Era and Adam Cole celebrating Cole’s championship win, and Cole saying they’re coming for the remaining titles in NXT. They’re interrupted by Velveteen Dream, then Matt Riddle, then Tyler Breeze, setting up a six-man tag team match for later in the tapings.
1. Damian Priest defeated Raul Mendoza. Priest is the former Punishment Martinez. He won the match with a spin kick and Cross Rhodes.
– William Regal announced the “NXT Breakout Tournament,” an 8-man single elimination tournament featuring talent that hasn’t been featured on TV yet. The winner will get a title shot of their choosing. The tournament features Jordan Myles (the former ACH), BOA, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott (the former Shane Strickland), Cameron Grimes (the former Trevor Lee), Bronson Reed (the former Jonah Rock), Dexter Lumis (the former Sam Shaw), Angel Garza (the former Garza Jr.), and Joaquin Wilde (the former DJZ).
2. Xia Li defeated Taynara Conti.
3. Adam Cole, Roderick Strong and Bobby Fish defeated The Velveteen Dream, Matt Riddle and Tyler Breeze. Dream tagged himself into the match. Strong then shoved Dream into Breeze and hit End of Heartache to win the match for the Undisputed Era.