Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Backlash 2017 results. The Smackdown-exclusive WWE Network event was headlined by a WWE Championship match between Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal, as well as the main roster debut of Shinsuke Nakamura and matches for the United States and Smackdown Tag Team Championships.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE Backlash ’17 column.
WWE Backlash 2017 Results:
– Kickoff Match: Tye Dillinger defeated Aiden English. Dillinger pinned English after a Tye Breaker.
1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler. This was Nakamura’s main-roster in-ring debut. Ziggler dominated much of the match and hit a Zig Zag, but only got two. Nakamura came back with a Kinshasa to win the match.
2. Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) defeated Breezango. Tyler Breeze was “deep undercover” during the match, dressing as both a janitor and an old woman. The Usos pinned Fandango after tripping him on the top rope and hitting him with a superkick.
3. Sami Zayn defeated Baron Corbin. Zayn pinned Corbin after a Helluva Kick.
4. The Welcoming Committee (Natalya, Tamina and Carmella) defeated Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Naomi. Natalya won the match for her team by making Becky Lynch tap out to a Sharpshooter.
5. United States Championship Match: Kevin Owens (c) defeated AJ Styles. Styles tried to Styles Clash Owens through the announce table, but Owens escaped and tripped Styles, causing one of Styles’ legs to go in the hole in the table where the monitor would’ve been. Styles got caught in a bunch of wires and got counted out.
6. Luke Harper defeated Erick Rowan. Harper pinned Rowan after a discus forearm, which was supposed to be a clothesline.
7. WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton (c). Orton hit an RKO on Mahal, but the Singh brothers pulled Mahal out of the ring. Orton beat up the Singhs, allowing Mahal to hit a cobra clutch slam and (seriously) win the WWE Championship.