Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Backlash 2018 results. The co-branded pay-per-view was headlined by a no disqualification match for the WWE Championship, as well as several other championship matches and Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE Backlash 2018 column.
WWE Backlash 2018 Results:
– Kickoff Match: Ruby Riott defeated Bayley. Riott won with the Riott Kick after interference from the Riott Squad.
1. Intercontinental Championship Match: Seth Rollins (c) defeated The Miz. Rollins kicked out of multiple Skull-crushing Finales and was able to counter a schoolboy roll-up into a Curb Stomp to retain the championship.
2. Raw Women’s Championship Match: Nia Jax (c) defeated Alexa Bliss. Jax caught Twisted Bliss and countered into a Samoan Drop to win the match. After the match, Jax was booed for cutting an anti-bullying promo.
3. United States Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Randy Orton. Hardy won by pinfall after a Twist of Fate and a Swanton Bomb.
– Elias tried to sing but was interrupted by New Day, then Rusev Day, then No Way Jose with a conga line including Breezango and Titus Worldwide. Elias was finally interrupted by Bobby Roode, who hit him with a Glorious DDT. Everyone danced.
4. Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass. Bryan won by submission with the Yes Lock. After the match, Cass attacked Bryan.
5. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Carmella (c) defeated Charlotte Flair. Flair went for a moonsault but landed on her feet, hurting her knee. Carmella kicked Flair in the knee, then rolled her up to retain the championship.
6. No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura went to a no contest when they kicked each other in the balls at the same time. No, really.
7. Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Zayn kept trying to leave the match, causing him and Owens to get mad at each other. Lashley pinned Owens after a vertical suplex. After the match, Strowman powerslammed Owens, then caught Zayn and powerslammed him as well.
8. Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe. Joe attacked Reigns before the match and put him through a table, but that wasn’t enough to keep him from losing to a spear.