Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for the Raw after WrestleMania, April 4, 2016. The show featured numerous debuts and returns, and was headlined by a fatal four-way match to name a new number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
– Vince McMahon opened the show to talk about WrestleMania. Shane McMahon interrupted to say goodbye. Vince didn’t like being upstaged, so he ended up putting Shane in charge of Raw (temporarily). Vince then left the arena, claiming the show would be a disaster and he didn’t want to be around to watch the ship sink.
1. Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) defeated The League Of Nations (Sheamus and King Barrett). The New Day retained with a Midnight Hour on Barrett. After the match, Sheamus kicked Barrett out of the League and Brogue Kicked him. That caused the Wyatt Family to appear (for some reason) and attack the League. Bray Wyatt hit Sheamus with Sister Abigail.
2. Sasha Banks defeated Summer Rae. Banks won by submission with the Banks Statement.
3. Apollo Crews defeated Tyler Breeze. This was Crews’ Raw debut. Crews won by pinfall with a spin-out powerbomb.
– Roman Reigns got booed for being the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He was interrupted by Chris Jericho, who demanded to be put at the top of Reigns’ list of challengers. That brought out AJ Styles, followed by Kevin Owens, followed by Sami Zayn. Owens and Zayn went at it, causing Styles and Jericho to go at it as well. Reigns speared Jericho to end the segment.
– Backstage, Shane McMahon made the night’s main event: a fatal four-way match between Jericho, Styles, Owens and Zayn to name a new #1 contender.
4. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler ended in a double count-out. Corbin booted Ziggler over the ringside barricade into the crowd and followed him out, leading to a double count-out. Corbin took out his anger at the decision on Ziggler, hitting an End of Days on Ziggler on the floor.
– The Vaudevillains will be on Thursday’s edition of Smackdown.
5. Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz defeated Zack Ryder (c). Zack Ryder’s dad was in the front row. The Miz got in his face and got shoved down. Miz’s wife, former Divas Champion Maryse, got in Ryder’s dad’s face and slapped him. This distracted Zack Ryder, allowing Miz to hit the Skull-crushing Finale on Ryder and win the Intercontinental Championship.
– The women’s division was in the ring for the formal presentation of the WWE Women’s Championship to Charlotte. Charlotte credited her dad for helping her win and was arrogant about it, so all the women left the ring. Natalya stayed and challenged Charlotte, then put her in a Sharpshooter until Ric Flair helped her escape.
– A vignette for a repackaged Primo and Epico aired. They invite you to visit Puerto Rico, because it’s nicer than where you live.
6. Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz defeated The Usos. The Usos went for a double splash through tables, but the Dudleys moved. The bell rang and the Dudleys were announced as winners, even though you’re supposed to physically put your opponents through tables. The Dudleys angrily put an Uso through a table and screamed at the timekeeper for ringing the bell at the wrong time.
– Renee Young interviewed Sami Zayn backstage until Kevin Owens interrupted, attacking Zayn and powerbombing him through a table.
– The Dudley Boyz refused to leave, and were interrupted by the Raw debut of Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady. Enzo and Cass cut a promo on the Dudleys, who teased a confrontation but backed down.
7. #1 Contender Fatal Four-way Match: AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho and Cesaro. Cesaro made his long-awaited return to WWE TV as a replacement for Sami Zayn. Styles pinned Jericho with a Styles Clash to become the new #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.