Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Last week’s Raw proved that it will be every man for himself when Roman Reigns, Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt and Samoa Joe clash in an Extreme Rules Fatal 5-Way Match at WWE Extreme Rules for the right to challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship. The Eater of Worlds stood tall last Monday night, but will the sinister Wyatt maintain that momentum this week? WWE.com has some ideas. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. This is NOT the fallout show for Backlash, because Backlash was a Smackdown Live joint. That means we have to wait another day to deal with the ramifications of Jinder Mahal, WWE Champion. Yes, we just wrote a bullet point about how we wish it was Tuesday so we could talk about main eventer Jinder Mahal. We’re officially through the looking glass.
2. WWE.com’s preview asks, “Will Bray Wyatt change the course of WWE’s New Era?” Nope! Next question.
3. Last week’s biggest news was Goldust turning on R-Truth and showing his “true colors,” which are gold and black, in case you were wondering. We’re going to get our first full week of heel Goldust, and that’s pretty exciting! Watch out, Curt Hawkins!
4. Last week, Bayley started a fight and got whacked in the dome with a kendo stick, then turned down a normal wrestling match for a chance to hit Alexa Bliss with a stick. Our hero.
5. Speaking of stipulations, The Miz was able to get Kurt Angle to give him an Intercontinental Championship match at Extreme Rules against Dean Ambrose, where the title will change hands in the event of a disqualification. The rules truly don’t get more extreme than that! Let’s puzzle out how Dean Ambrose will react to that news this week. I’m guessing the answer is “with jokes.”
As always, we’re including 10 of the best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw report. Reply to your favorites with a +1 to nominate them for consideration, and share the open thread around so we can get some fresh voices and jokes in here. Enjoy the show!