Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
After capturing the coveted Money in the Bank contract last night, Dean Ambrose cashed in on his former Shield “brother” Seth Rollins to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion! What can the WWE Universe expect during The Lunatic Fringe’s first Raw as sports-entertainment’s supreme titleholder? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Be sure you’ve read the Best and Worst of Money in the Bank 2016 before watching.
2. If Michael Cole isn’t replaced with a fish tank tonight, we riot.
3. John Cena lost to AJ Styles via Club interference after he went through all the trouble to draft two contracts and badger Styles into taking the one-on-one version, so look for him to be in ultimate John Cena “you didn’t beat my fair and square, I deserve a rematch, you aren’t a man, jack” mode.
4. Random general managers have been returning ahead of Smackdown going live in July, so fingers crossed that tonight’s the night we get the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Permanent General Manager of Both Raw and Smackdown, Mr. Excitement John Laurinaitis. Holding a laptop. With a picture of Hornswoggle on it.
5. Look for Titus O’Neil to get revenge on Rusev for what happened at Money in the Bank, assuming he can get The Pope to agree to watch D-Von Dudley’s kids.
As always, we’re including 10 of the best comments from tonight’s basketball-free, Game of Thrones-free open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. To nominate a comment for consideration, reply to it with a +1.
Enjoy the show!