Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
In a bout originally slated for WWE Extreme Rules, The Lunatic Fringe defends his Intercontinental Title against The A-Lister tonight, live on Raw. Will Miz become a seven-time Intercontinental Champion? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. WWE is back in the United States, and that is great, because nothing ever, ever happens during the overseas shows and we’re all just sort of half-watching the show because we read the spoilers earlier in the day. This is also a Raw that isn’t a go-home show, because Sunday’s PPV is a Smackdown event. So … yay?
2. The Intercontinental Championship will be defended! There, see? That’s something that’s more important than anything that happened last week, pretty much. Will Dean Ambrose retain over the Miz, or will they go with the fun and interesting alternative?
3. We do have new No. 1 contenders to the Raw Tag Team Championship, so hopefully Sheamus and Cesaro come out and wreck a bunch of fools again. Maybe they just break the Hardys weeks before they get their title shot. As long as they hit someone really hard, I’ll count it as a victory.
4. Braun Strowman is injured and that’s terrible, so hopefully Roman Reigns will be given something interesting to do. Hopefully he won’t just have to enter the Bálor-Wyatt feud, or anything. He hasn’t had a lot to work with since winning ownership of the Yard, but maybe that will all turn around this week … like how Braun turned an ambulance around on Roman’s head! [sigh] Miss you forever, Braun.
5. Alexa Bliss and her new best friend, Nia Jax, seem to have an uneasy partnership going. Can these two coexist?! Yeah, probably; at least for another week or two.
As always, we’re including 10 of the best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw report. Reply to your favorites with a +1 to nominate them for consideration, and share the open thread around so we can get some fresh voices and jokes in here. Enjoy the show!