Tonight, on the Raw after the Raw after WrestleMania open discussion:
Due to overwhelming social media support, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon has placed Shane McMahon in charge of Raw again tonight! Plus, what will Raw guest star Dr. Phil have in store for some of WWE’s most combustible Superstars? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. They’re actually going with, “Shane McMahon gets to run Raw because the fans think it’s a good idea” angle.
I hope Raw opens with Shane going, “hey, thanks for the social media buzz, it would’ve been nice to know about that before I jumped off the Hell in a Cell trying to beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania for control of the company after six years of Chinese blackmail or whatever the hell it was I was doing.”
2. Dr. Phil is tonight’s guest star, because Raw is being filmed live in 2003. Fantasy booking: Kevin Owens shows up and powerbombs him off a stage. That’s my go-to for any celebrity guest now.
3. R-Truth got Goldust a meeting with a top Hollywood movie producer. Ha, who would ever put Goldust in a movie?
4. The Wyatt Family vs. The League of Nations, who ya got? Acceptable answers include, “anyone other than the Wyatt Family and the League of Nations.”
5. This will be a big week for all the post-WrestleMania call-ups. Will they play as well in front of non-Raw-after-WrestleMania crowds, or will they go the way of Fandango?
As always, we’re including 10 of our favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. Reply to your favorites with a +1 to nominate them for consideration. Enjoy the show!