Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
After Nia Jax brutally ambushed her this past Monday night, Asuka will have a chance at redemption against the juggernaut, live on Raw. Can The Empress of Tomorrow keep her undefeated streak alive going into the first-ever 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Asuka vs. Nia Jax should be pretty good, especially if it ends with lots of screaming and kicks to the face like the NXT version did. Bonus points if this involves Enzo Amore interfering to set up Asuka vs. Enzo Amore at literally any point during the remainder of my life.
2. Will Bray Wyatt and Woken Matt Hardy come face to face again? And if so, will somebody tell me what’s so funny?
3. The Miz gets his shot at the Intercontinental Championship at the 25th anniversary Raw and stood tall last week, which means he’s going to get Superman punched oh so supermannedly this week. Let’s hope Axel and Dallas get out of the show with their faces still attached to their dignities.
4. Look for Braun Strowman to do something that looks great in a GIF.
5. Programming note: tomorrow (January 16) is my birthday, so I’m getting a rare week off from the Best and Worst columns. Elle Collins is filling in for Raw and Scott Heisel filling in for Smackdown. That means if you don’t like my wrestling opinions, you might like this week’s columns!
+1 your favorite comments from tonight’s open threads and we’ll include 10 of the best in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. Enjoy the show, everybody!