Tonight, on the season premiere (?) of the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Now this is a season premiere! Not only will the WWE Universe see a huge SummerSlam rematch between Roman Reigns and Randy Orton this Monday night, but we’ll also bear witness as Chris Jericho rekindles his rivalry with Bray Wyatt inside a steel cage. Oh, and to somehow resolve the ongoing issues between The Bella Twins, WWE has called in the heavy artillery: Jerry Springer!
As Raw’s epic season premiere approaches, WWE.com examines five reasons why you won’t want to miss a minute of the action. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Not pictured: Michael Sam.
2. But hey, Jerry Springer will be there. Springer moderating the Bellas has a shot at Rosie vs. The Donald levels of bad, so I may just skip it and watch that YouTube video of a monkey pissing in its mouth for 10 minutes.
3. Hilarious thought: last week’s Raw was a “season finale.”
4. Chris Jericho faces Bray Wyatt in a steel cage match. If a mysterious, singing child stops Jericho in the doorway and Jericho Codebreakers him, Chris Jericho will be my favorite wrestler forever.
5. I hope at the end of the episode they do a THIS SEASON ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW preview montage and somehow have clips from a bunch of future episodes. Just tons and tons of Roman Reigns winning handicap matches, Natalya rolling up distracted Divas and a cameo from Kurt Angle.
The ten best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread will be featured at the end of tomorrow’s Best and Worst of WWE Raw column, so nominate your favorites for consideration by replying to them with a +1. Enjoy the show, everybody.