Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Smackdown Live open discussion thread for September 27, 2016:
With No Mercy’s Triple Threat Match fast-approaching, “The Champ that runs the Camp” must put the WWE World Championship on the line one-on-one against The Lunatic Fringe. — via WWE.com
Our five-point preview:
1. By the decree of General Manager Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles will defend his title against Dean Ambrose tonight. Will Styles lose, forcing WWE.com writers to come up with another ridiculous name for him, or will he continue to, um … run his summer camp? Is that what they’re going for? Is this all just a Camp WWE second season tie-in? I think we all know Styles deserves better than that.
2. The Miz and Maryse have once again gotten creative in their tactics to ensure that he retains the Intercontinental Championship. Will Ziggler come back for his revenge after being cheated out of a belt once again? Or was Maryse simply trying to do him a favour and spray down his ramen noodle hair with dry shampoo?
3. The Usos are determined to keep being jerks in their quest to piss in Heath Slater’s proverbial above-ground pool and take the tag belts away from Team String Cheese. Will a returning American Alpha look to stop them in their tracks via suplexes and friendship, or will the two brothers continue to use underhanded tactics against anyone who stands in their way?
4. Randy Orton still hasn’t had his showdown with Bray Wyatt. Will he gets his hands on the deranged cult leader before No Mercy, or will he keep RKO-ing people out of nowhere so this drags on forever? That one, probably!
5. The women’s division on Smackdown is getting scrappy as hell. Will Carmella’s targeting of Nikki Bella keep Becky Lynch’s title out of her crosshairs, or will the Lasskicker have more than grumpy little pixie Alexa Bliss to worry about?
Be sure to check back for the Best and Worst of Smackdown Live column tomorrow. Until then have a party in the comments, and enjoy the show!