Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free NXT TakeOver: Toronto results. The show was headlined by a rematch for the NXT Championship, as well as the WWE return of Mickie James and the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
NXT TakeOver: Toronto Results
1. Bobby Roode defeated Tye Dillinger. Roode pinned Dillinger after a Glorious Drop implant DDT.
2. Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals: The Authors of Pain defeated TM-61. Paul Ellering was suspended above the ring in a cage. The Authors of Pain won with their legsweep/clothesline combo to become the second winners of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
3. 2-out-of-3 Falls Match for the NXT Tag Team Championship: #DIY defeated The Revival (c) to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions. The Revival won the first fall by countering Johnny Gargano’s springboard spear into a Shatter Machine. #DIY tied it up with their strike combination finisher, and were able to win the third fall with tandem armbar/Gargano Escape on both members of the Revival.
4. NXT Women’s Championship Match: Asuka (c) defeated Mickie James. Asuka won a competitive match by submission with the Asuka Lock.
5. NXT Championship Match: Samoa Joe defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (c) to become the new NXT Champion. Joe hit a low blow on Nakamura behind the referee’s back and slammed him on the ring steps. He followed that up with a Muscle Buster and a pin to become the 2-time NXT Champion.