Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for October 10, 2016. Monday night’s episode featured the return of Paul Heyman, Hell in a Cell match announcements, and a big mixed tag team match.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
— The show opened with an in-ring promo from new Raw Women’s Champion Sasha Banks. She challenged Lana to a Hell in a Cell match at the next pay-per-view, which brought out Charlotte, but she was interrupted mid-entrance by Rusev and Lana. Rusev said Hell in a Cell should be reserved for real men, like him. Charlotte accepted the Hell in a Cell match, then they cleared the ring of Rusev and Lana. Rusev climbed back into the ring, but Roman Reigns’ music hit and he came to the ring to stare Rusev down. Rusev and Lana then departed and Sasha taunted Charlotte with the title belt.
— The New Day came to the ring to give props to Bay Area sports legends and to run down Sheamus and Cesaro. That brings out both Sheamus and Cesaro.
1. Kofi Kingston defeated Cesaro. Sheamus watched this match from the commentary booth. Kofi managed to reverse the giant swing into a small package for the win. Sheamus and Cesaro yelled at each other after the match.
2. Bayley defeated Cami Fields. Bayley won a short match against a local competitor by pinfall after the Bayley to Belly. After the match, Bayley was jumped from behind by Dana Brooke.
3. Lince Dorado and Sin Cara defeated Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. This was Sin Cara’s cruiserweight division debut. Lince Dorado got the pinfall for his team after a shooting star press on Gulak.
— Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley came to the ring to confirm that Sasha vs. Charlotte would happen in Hell in a Cell. Foley also confirmed that Seth Rollins’ rematch against WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens would also take place in Hell in a Cell. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho then interrupted them. Owens doesn’t want a Hell in a Cell match, because he wants to have a long career, unlike Foley. Stephanie comes up with a way to make everyone happy: if Jericho can defeat Rollins tonight, he’ll be entered into the Universal Championship Hell in a Cell match, which will become a Triple Threat.
— Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas are in the ring, set to face Enzo Amore and Big Cass. Enzo and Cass make their entrance, but Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows show up to beat them down. They hit the Magic Killer on Cass.
4. Sami Zayn and Neville defeated Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. Axel and Dallas demanded new opponents, so Zayn and Neville volunteered. Neville hit the Red Arrow on Axel to get the pin. Bo Dallas left in disgust.
5. R-Truth defeated Titus O’Neil. O’Neil took exception to R-Truth stealing his potential sponsorship from Payday candy bars, so Mick Foley made this match to settle their differences. Titus got distracted by Goldust stomping on the ring steps to fire up the crowd, allowing R-Truth to roll him up for the win.
6. Braun Strowman defeated Steven and Clay Splash. After Strowman demanded stiffer competition last week, he gets a handicap match here. He hits a running powerslam on one of the Splash Brothers, then reverse chokeslams the other on top of him and pins both to get the win.
7. Roman Reigns and Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte and Rusev. In a mixed tag team match, Sasha got Charlotte to tap out to the Banks Statement.
— Paul Heyman came to the ring to address Goldberg’s recent comments that he’d like another match against Brock Lesnar. He challenged Goldberg to a fight, any time, any place.
8. TJ Perkins defeated Ariya Daivari. Brian Kendrick sat in on commentary for this match. Perkins won by submission with the kneebar.
9. Seth Rollins defeated Chris Jericho. Kevin Owens was at ringside to support his best friend. Rollins was able to reverse a Walls of Jericho attempt into a small package for the pin. Owens attacked Rollins after the match, and he and Jericho put the boots to him. Rollins eventually hit the Pedigree on Jericho while Owens watched from the ramp for the second week in a row.