Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for September 19, 2016. This was the big go-home show for Clash of Champions on Sunday and also featured the long-awaited debut of the Raw cruiserweight division.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
— The show opens with Roman Reigns coming to the ring. Before he can get much out, he’s interrupted by Stephanie McMahon, then by Mick Foley. He puts Rusev and Seth Rollins, the people who interfered in last week’s main event, in a match against each other. What’s more, Reigns will face Rusev for the United States Championship at Clash of Champions and he will face Kevin Owens in a non-title steel cage match tonight on Raw.
1. Seth Rollins vs. Rusev ended in a double count-out. Both men brawled to the outside and got counted out, ruling the match a draw. Rollins then hit Rusev with a crossbody off the top of the announcer’s desk.
— Backstage, Dana Brooke and Charlotte show Mick Foley that last week’s No. 1 contender match ended in a double pin. Foley agrees, so he makes Sunday’s Women’s Championship Match a triple threat between Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley.
2. Braun Strowman defeated Sin Cara. Strowman caught Sin Cara mid-quebrada and hit a running powerslam for the pinfall.
3. Charlotte and Dana Brooke defeated Sasha Banks and Bayley. Dana tripped Bayley when she went for the finish, allowing Charlotte to hit a big boot and get the pin.
4. Bo Dallas defeated Gary Graham. Dallas won his third straight match with the rolling cutter.
5. Best of Seven Series: Cesaro defeated Sheamus. Cesaro got the pin after hitting the Gotch Neutralizer. The series is now tied, 3-3, heading into the seventh and final match on Sunday at Clash of Champions.
— Chris Jericho came to the ring to read a list of grievances he has about Mick Foley. He was interrupted by Enzo Amore and Big Cass. They were in turn interrupted by the Shining Stars, who were then interrupted by The New Day. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson then came to the ring to insist they will be taking the tag team titles on Sunday. Jericho tried to leave, but he was jumped on the ramp by Sami Zayn. Zayn beat up Jericho and tossed him into the ring, then a brawl broke out between everyone.
6. The New Day, Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady and Sami Zayn defeated Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, the Shining Stars and Chris Jericho. Enzo Amore eventually got the pin for his team after the Big Cass-assisted Badaboomshakalaka onto Epico.
— Mick Foley introduced the cruiserweight division to Raw. He welcomed four competitors: Rich Swann, Gran Metalik, Cedric Alexander and Brian Kendrick. He then announced they would be competing in a match.
7. Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender Cruiserweight Match: Brian Kendrick defeated Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik and Rich Swann. Cedric hit the Lumbar Check on Metalik, but Kendrick locked in the Captain’s Hook (Bully Choke) to get Cedric to tap. Kendrick will go on to face TJ Perkins for the Cruiserweight Championship at Clash of Champions.
8. Steel Cage Match: Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens. In this non-title match, Reigns managed to hit the floor by going over the top just a second before Owens went through the door.
— Rusev attacked Reigns after the match. Reigns got the upper hand, but Owens kicked the door of the cage into Reigns’ face. Rusev rolled Reigns into the cage and chained the door shut so he and Owens could continue to beat Reigns down. Rollins eventually ran in and scaled the cage to make the save. Rollins hit a crossbody from the top of the cage onto Rusev and Owens. All four men laid in the ring to end the show.