Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Smackdown Live open discussion thread for April 18, 2017:
Just one week removed from the Superstar Shake-up, six of SmackDown’s brightest stars will collide in a Six-Pack Challenge with a future WWE Championship opportunity at stake. — via WWE.com
Our five-point preview:
1. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton have a “House of Horrors” match coming up at Payback before Bray jumps to Raw full-time, but it looks like Orton is already looking past that. Mojo Rawley, Jinder Mahal, Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler, Luke Harper, and Sami Zayn will compete in a Six-Pack Challenge for a future WWE Championship shot. That’s … definitely six people!
2. YOUR United States Champion, Kevin Owens, is determined to be the “Face of America” and has issued a “Face of America Open Challenge.” Let us hope that this continues until John Cena returns … to be beaten by America’s hero, Kevin Owens.
3. Just like over on Raw, expect the additions of Charlotte and Tamina Snuka to shake up the status quo of the Smackdown Women’s division. Uh … okay, the addition of Charlotte, anyway.
4. Shinsuke Nakamura embarked on a burgeoning feud against Dolph Ziggler last week, but the Zig-man zagged on us by being the Six-Pack Challenge, so maybe this week we’ll get Nakamura’s first televised main roster match!
5. Rob Gronkowski is PROBABLY not on the show to throw beer at and/or shoulder block people. But you can never been too careful in case a wild Gronk appears.
Also happening tonight is the hot new show dedicated entirely to cruiserweights, 205 Live. Feel free to use this as your one-stop party shop for Tuesday night wrestling shenanigans, and be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Smackdown Live.