Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Smackdown Live open discussion thread for October 4, 2016:
With the WWE World Title Match five days away, what will happen when AJ Styles and his No. 1 contenders John Cena and Dean Ambrose step into the squared circle with each other? — via WWE.com
Our five-point preview:
1. It’s the go-home show before No Mercy, the second Smackdown pay-per-view of the new WWE Brand Split era. Their first PPV was surprisingly awesome and kind of blew Raw’s first PPV out of the water. Dare we hope for more of the same this time around?
2. Since it is the go-home show, our main event players are contractually obligated to stand in the ring together and get pissy with each other. How will John Cena deal with no longer being the top dog that rules the bog? (LOL just kidding, he’s going to be a big baby and AA everybody again.)
3. Dolph Ziggler is putting his career on the line on Sunday, so let’s hope we get some sort of “Leave The Memories Alone” type montage of him looking sad after losing important matches. There are so many to choose from!
4. The Usos are on the verge of killing our folk heroes Heath Slater and Rhyno on Sunday, so let’s enjoy the lovable goofballs’ title reign while we can. And Heath just got that above-ground pool, too. Boy, his however-many kids are gonna get their hearts broken when the pool repo guy comes for that on Monday.
5. Let’s hope no one remembers Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt are feuding. I don’t know if I can survive another trip through the world’s least-creative and low-budget haunted house, built on the fly in the server room of yet another arena.
Be sure to check back for the Best and Worst of Smackdown Live column tomorrow. Until then have a party in the comments, and enjoy the show!