If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the June 24, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
WWE Raw Results
1. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan went to a No Contest. Bryan opened the show with a speech about how people have thought he’s been the weak link since his debut in NXT. The match immediately went to the outside, and a pull-apart brawl ensued. The referee was accidentally struck, so he called off the match.
2. Sheamus and Christian defeated Team Rhodes Scholars. Sheamus pinned Cody Rhodes after a Brogue Kick. A “Dublin Street Fight” between Sheamus and Damien Sandow was advertised for Smackdown.
3. Kaitlyn defeated Aksana. AJ Lee interrupted the match dressed as Kaitlyn, but Kaitlyn was still able to spear Aksana and win the match. Afterwards, AJ stuck around to reenact the “Kaitlyn’s secret admirer” skit from last week, complete with Big E Langston cameo.
4. Chris Jericho defeated World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. After a lengthy exchange, Jericho caught Del Rio in the Walls of Jericho. Before Del Rio could tap, Ricardo Rodriguez ran into the ring and hit Jericho with a bucket to cause a disqualification. After the match, Dolph Ziggler attacked both Del Rio and Jericho, laying them out with Zig Zags.
- The Rock is on the cover of the new WWE 2K14 video game.
5. Ryback defeated The Great Khali. A squash for Ryback, who won with Shell Shocked.
6. The Usos defeated 3MB and Tons of Funk in a triple threat match. The Usos won with a Superfly Splash, making them the new number one contenders to the WWE tag team championships. After the match, The Shield stared down the Usos.
7. CM Punk defeated Darren Young. Before the match, Punk confronted Paul Heyman and told him to be honest about last week’s Brock Lesnar attack. Punk won a surprisingly back and forth match via submission with the Anaconda Vice. Afterwards, Titus O’Neil jumped Punk to make it 2-on-1 until Curtis Axel made the save. Next week on Raw, CM Punk and Curtis Axel team up to take on the Primetime Players.
- Vickie Guerrero named the participants for the WWE Championship Money in the Bank ladder match: CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Christian, Kane and Rob Van Dam.
- Chris Jericho and Ryback had a confrontation backstage, setting up a match between the two for Money In The Bank.
8. Daniel Bryan defeated Randy Orton. This match was a re-do from earlier (and last week), and a WWE App vote determined a Street Fight stipulation. Bryan won the match via submission with a kendo stick-assisted Yes Lock. After the match, Orton shook Bryan’s hand.