NXT’s stop at the Aftershock music festival was quite a while ago, but it made some big headlines. After all, it’s not every day that the frontman of Slipknot smacks Baron Corbin in the face. But considering it’s so far in the rear view mirror, it’s kind of surprising that Alternative Press only recently decided to upload the interview they got with the realest guys in the room, Enzo Amore and Big Cass. Gotta represent for WrestleMania week, I suppose. Anyway, AP’s Josh Bernstein sat down with Enzo and Cass to talk about NXT, the Corey Taylor incident, and Billy Joel. Enzo goes off on tangents, in case you hadn’t noticed.
– On bringing NXT to music festivals: “Honestly, we didn’t anticipate the type of support that came right away. We were at Louder Than Life out in Louisville, Kentucky… We’re making a lot of new fans, and we’re seeing a lot of people buy merchandise that normally probably never would have watched wrestling at these shows.”
– On the Aftershock acts they were excited to see: “Well, we really want to go see Yelawolf… Slipknot yesterday, Marilyn Manson. I never saw him before live, I’ve seen Slipknot quite a few times. That was something different, Marilyn Manson puts on a different kind of show.”
– On Corey Taylor getting physical with Baron Corbin: “He was lucky that [Corbin] didn’t have a chance to retaliate, because he might have been in some trouble. But, Samoa Joe was there to take advantage of the opportunity and threw Corbin into the stairs pretty hard.”
– On musicians they would want in their corner: “[Billy Joel] could tickle the ivories like a mother, but man, I don’t want to see him get in the ring, that’s for sure.” Enzo goes with Jay-Z and Cass picks Eminem.
– On the misfortune of being “sawft”: “It’s something I know nothing about. But, I can spot it from a mile away. If you’re sawft, dude, I got a radar for that.”