Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
The lead-up to the anticipated SummerSlam clash between Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar pitted Raw and SmackDown Live against each other in a whole new way this past week. After The Viper invaded Monday night’s hottest show to attack The Beast, Lesnar retaliated against WWE’s Apex Predator the following night and put Team Blue on notice. Now, Raw General Manager Mick Foley has invited SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan to Monday night’s hottest show for what’s sure to be an eventful meeting. Will the competition between Team Red and Team Blue stay friendly for long? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Raw General Manager Mick Foley has invited Smackdown General Manager Daniel Bryan to Raw, because these shows are about the superstars now, and not about the people running the shows. I guess.
2. We ain’t. Goin’ nowhere. We ain’t. Goin’ nowhere. Because Puff Daddy is on Raw, and he’s Bad Boy for something something.
3. Big E is out of action with a destroyed crotch, meaning now The New Day is down to only two guys who dance in place and won’t stop talking about butthole-themed cereal. Those are terrible odds!
4. Cesaro will have a match with Sheamus. We’ll finally find out which superstar is the better man, after last week’s Cesaro vs. Sheamus match with the clean ending!
5. Nia Jax has a new shirt. If you’re a guy and you buy it, it’s always correct!
+1 your favorite comments from tonight and we’ll include 10 of the best in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. Enjoy Raw brand television program!