Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for April 22, 2019. The show featured a pair of triple threat matches to determine a new challenger for Seth Rollins at Money in the Bank. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
– At the top of the show, they announced two triple threat matches to find a new number one contender for Seth Rollins’ Universal Championship. Then they did 20 minutes of interruption promos to set up the thing they’d already set up.
1. Triple Threat Match: AJ Styles defeated Rey Mysterio and Samoa Joe. Styles powerbombed Mysterio onto Joe, hit a Styles Clash on Mysterio onto Joe, then pinned Joe to win the match. Styles will move on to face the winner of the second triple threat match later in the episode.
2. Naomi defeated Billie Kay in not a lot of time with a roll-up.
3. Triple Threat Match: Baron Corbin defeated Drew McIntyre and The Miz. McIntyre hit a Claymore Kick on Miz. Corbin tossed McIntyre out of the ring and stole the pin to win the match, and moves on to face AJ Styles.
– Sami Zayn cut a very long promo about how he hates the fans.
4. Cesaro defeated Cedric Alexander. Cesaro countered a springboard with a European uppercut to win the match.
– The Usos and The Revial had a brief confrontation backstage.
– The Viking Raiders vs. Lucha House Party never got started, as the Raiders attacked the luchadors before the match began. The Viking Raiders is the new name of The Viking Experience, which was the new name of NXT’s War Raiders.
5. Becky Lynch defeated Alicia Fox. Before the match, Lynch and Lacey Evans cut promos on each other. Lynch won the match by submission with a Disarmer. After the match, Evans attacked Lynch and punched her in the face twice.
6. Robert Roode defeated Ricochet. Bobby Roode now has a mustache and wants to be called Robert. He won with a Glorious DDT on Ricochet after dodging a 630 senton.
– Bray Wyatt re-debuted as a crazy children’s puppet show host. You really want to watch that here.
7. AJ Styles defeated Baron Corbin. Styles won with a Phenomenal Forearm. After the match, Styles and Rollins shook hands.