Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free Raw results for March 12, 2018. The show featured John Cena issuing a challenge to the Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar not being there as advertised.
WWE Raw Results:
– The show opened with Kurt Angle, who announced Brock Lesnar won’t make it to Raw. Roman Reigns entered and said that Lesnar doesn’t respect anyone and that if anyone else kept skipping work, they’d lose their job. Reigns said Vince McMahon was the problem because he protects Lesnar, and went to confront the WWE CEO. Reigns went to the back and got in McMahon’s face.
After the first break McMahon spoke to Renee Young and said that while he has no intention of disrespecting Roman, he has to remember to know your role and shut your mouth. He promised that Lesnar will be on Raw next week, and gave Reigns a temporary suspension for confronting him in the control room.
1. Sasha Banks defeated Sonya Deville. Banks won by submission with the Bank Statement. Absolution ganged up on Banks after Bayley had left ringside.
– Seth Rollins and Finn Bálor were MizTV guests, and despite Miz’s best efforts to turn them against one another, neither guy fell for it. They did eventually start jawing to set up a match, but instead just took out Miz. Rollins then laid out Bálor.
– The Bar and The Miztourage never started. The two teams started brawling before The Revival showed up and targeted Cesaro and Shamus. Gallows and Anderson followed them, and soon after, Titus Worldwide and Rhyno and Heath Slater came out to join the brawl.
– John Cena said that he would attend WrestleMania as a fan … unless the Undertaker accepted his challenge. He asked Undertaker for one more match, then said the ball was in the Dead Man’s court.
– Backstage, the Bar confronted Kurt Angle about their beatdown and demanded a trade to Smackdown Live. Angle denied their request and said there would be a battle royal tonight to determine the Bar’s WrestleMania opponents.
– Elias appeared in a neck brace and started his concert, then said the fans were to blame for his condition, and left.
2. Finn Bálor defeated Seth Rollins. Rollins hit a superplex, and as he went for the rolling Falcon Arrow, Bálor reversed into a small package for the pin.
– Asuka came out to explain her challenging Charlotte Flair to a WrestleMania match. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James interrupted and said Asuka is smart not challenging for Bliss’ Raw Women’s Championship. Asuka said she wants to face the best champion in WWE, and that’s not Bliss. Asuka said she beat Bliss once, and she can beat her right now. Bliss said she would be facing a different opponent instead, and James sucker-punched Asuka.
3. Asuka defeated Mickie James. Asuka made James tap out with the Asuka Lock. After the match, Bliss stormed to the back, leaving James alone in the ring.
– Backstage, Bliss told Nia Jax she loves her and made her promise that she’ll be there in her corner next week for her match against Asuka, just like Bliss has always been in Jax’s corner.
4. Nia Jax defeated Joan King. Jax won by pinfall after a Samoan drop.
– After the match, Jax overheard Bliss and James trash-talking her backstage and Bliss admitting she uses Jax for her benefit. Charly Caruso finally told Bliss and James they were on microphone, and they ran out of the room just before Jax came backstage and tore the dressing room apart.
5. Braun Strowman won a tag team battle royal. This was to determine The Bar’s challengers for the Raw Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania 34. Sheamus and Cesaro sat in on commentary for the match. Strowman won by last eliminating Karl Anderson.
Subscribe, rate, review the With Spandex podcast!