Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Elimination Chamber results for February 25, 2018. The show was headlined by the Elimination Chamber match, the first-ever women’s Elimination Chamber match, and Ronda Rousey’s WWE contract signing. Be back here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 column.
WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Kickoff Results:
1. The Bálor Club defeated the Miztourage. Karl Anderson got the pin on Curtis Axel after the Bálor Club hit him with the Magic Killer.
WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Results:
1.Raw Women’s Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Alexa Bliss (c) defeated Mickie James, Mandy Rose, Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Sonya Deville. Mandy Rose tapped out to the Banks Statement to be the first woman eliminated. Mickie James eliminated Sonya Deville after a Thesz press off the top of one of the pods. Bayley then eliminated James with a Bayley to Belly. Bayley gave Sasha Banks a Bayley to Belly off the top rope, but Alexa Bliss immediately rolled up Bayley to eliminate her. Bliss retained her title by eliminating Banks via pinfall after a rope-hung DDT.
2. Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar (c) defeated Titus Worldwide. Sheamus pinned Apollo after he and Cesaro hit a double-team White Noise.
3. Asuka defeated Nia Jax. Asuka reversed a powerbomb into a roll-up for the pin. After the match, Jax attacked Asuka and put her through the barricade.
4. Matt Hardy defeated Bray Wyatt. Hardy won by pinfall with a Twist of Fate.
— Kurt Angle, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H introduced Ronda Rousey for her contract signing, and noted that the contract comes with a WrestleMania match, although not a championship match. Angle revealed that McMahon and Triple H wanted to sign Rousey just to have control over her and keep her in her place. Triple H escorted Angle away, and then tried to break up an altercation between McMahon and Rousey. Rousey put Triple H through a table, then got slapped by McMahon, who ran away. Rousey signed her contract and tossed it on Triple H’s prone body.
5. Elimination Chamber Match: Roman Reigns defeated Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman, John Cena, Elias and The Miz. Strowman eliminated five men with a running powerslam, starting with the Miz. Elias was eliminated second, then Cena. Bálor hit Reigns with a Coup de Grace, but was caught by Strowman and eliminated as well. Strowman reversed a curb stomp into a powerslam to eliminate Rollins. Reigns finally ended the match by pinning Strowman with a spear, and the main event of WrestleMania 34 will be Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship.
— After the match, Strowman hit two powerslams on Reigns and threw him through a Chamber pod.
If you haven’t already, listen to this week’s McMahonsplaining podcast where we talk to Shane Strickland and AR Fox.