Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Payback results. The show was headlined by a fatal fourway for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and an ‘I Quit’ match between John Cena and Rusev.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE Payback 2015 column.
WWE Payback 2015 Results:
– Kickoff Match: R-Truth defeated Stardust. Truth pinned Stardust after a Lie Detector.
– Kickoff Match: The Ascension defeated Macho Mandow and Axelmania. Curtis Axel was in full Hulk Hogan costume, doing all of Hogan’s moves. The Ascension defeated Macho Mandow with the Fall of Man. The “Fall of Mandow” is the joke.
1. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler got his revenge on Sheamus during the match, giving him a stinkface. Ziggler was busted open by a headbutt late in the match. Sheamus won after a Brogue Kick.
2. 2-out-of-3 Falls Match for the Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) defeated Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. Kidd and Cesaro won the first fall with a giant swing/dropkick combination. The New Day won fall 2 after a Big Ending/splash combination. The New Day stole the third fall and the match when Xavier Woods replaced Kofi without the referee noticing and small-packaged Kidd.
3. Bray Wyatt defeated Ryback. Wyatt won by pinfall after shoving Ryback into an exposed turnbuckle and hitting Sister Abigail.
4. I Quit Match for the United States Championship: John Cena (c) defeated Rusev. Rusev made Cena pass out in the Accolade and thought he’d won the match, but the referee said Cena had to say ‘I quit.’ Cena came back and put Rusev in the STF (with a dismantled top rope around Rusev’s face). Rusev was yelling in Bulgarian, so Lana jumped in and said ‘I quit’ for him.
5. Naomi and Tamina defeated The Bella Twins. Naomi pinned Nikki Bella after tossing her off the top rope.
6. Neville defeated King Barrett. Barrett lost by count-out when he refused to get back into the ring. After the match, Barrett attacked Neville but Neville was able to get the upper hand and hit the Red Arrow.
7. Fatal Fourway for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) defeated Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton. The match featured a mini-Shield reunion, with Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose putting Orton through a table with a triple powerbomb. Kane interfered throughout the match, saving Rollins (to save his job as Director of Operations, per a pre-match stipulation). Rollins was able to hit a Pedigree on Orton to win the match and retain the championship.