Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for July 25, 2016, the “first episode of a new era.” The show was headlined by a pair of fatal four-way matches, with the winners of each moving on to face each other for a chance to face Seth Rollins at SummerSlam.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results
– The show opened with Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon making a pair of fatal four-way matches. The winners of each match will move on to face each other in the show’s main event, with the winner of that facing Seth Rollins at WWE SummerSlam for the brand new “WWE Universal Championship.”
1. Finn Balor defeated Kevin Owens, Rusev and Cesaro. This was Balor’s debut on the main roster. He pinned Rusev after a Coup de Grace.
2. Nia Jax defeated Britt Baker. This was Jax’s debut. She squashed Baker and won with a leg drop.
3. Roman Reigns defeated Sami Zayn, Sheamus and Chris Jericho. Reigns pinned Jericho after a spear. Reigns moves on to face Balor in the main event.
– The New Day held a celebration and tried to induct a fan named “Sonny Boy” into the New Day. The Club interrupted and attacked New Day, then blew their nose on New Day’s coats and threw them at Sonny Boy.
4. Neville defeated Curtis Axel. Axel is now known as “Mr. Irrelevant.” Neville won with a Red Arrow.
5. WWE Women’s Championship Match: Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte (c). Banks pulled an Eddie Guerrero fake-out during the match to get Dana Brooke ejected from ringside. Banks made Charlotte tap out to the Banks Statement to become the new WWE Women’s Champion.
6. Braun Strowman defeated a jobber. Strowman won a quick squash with a reverse chokeslam.
7. Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated the Shining Stars. The Shining Stars got distracted when Golden Truth wandered through the ring playing “Pokemon Go,” allowing Cass to hit a big boot and get the pin.
8. Finn Balor defeated Roman Reigns. Balor pinned Reigns clean with the Coup de Grace. Balor will move on to face Seth Rollins at SummerSlam for the WWE Universal Championship.