Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free results for WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs 2018. The final WWE pay-per-view event of the year featured a triple threat TLC match for the Smackdown Women’s Championship, Ronda Rousey defending the Raw Women’s Championship against Nia Jax, Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship, and more. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of TLC 2018 column.
1. Cruiserweight Championship Match: Buddy Murphy (c) defeated Cedric Alexander. Murphy retained the championship with Murphy’s Law.
2. Guitar Ladder Match: Elias defeated Bobby Lashley. Despite the previously announced rules being “the first person to climb the ladder and grab the guitar can use it as a weapon,” Elias won the match by climbing the ladder and grabbing the guitar. After the match, Lashley and Lio Rush beat down Elias and hit him with the guitar.
WWE TLC 2018 Results:
1. Mixed Match Challenge Finals: R-Truth and Carmella defeated Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox. Carmella tapped out Fox to the Code of Silence to win the match. R-Truth and Carmella win the Mixed Match Challenge, earn the #30 spots in their respective Royal Rumbles and a vacation to anywhere in the world. R-Truth revealed that he chose WWE Headquarters as their destination vacation.
2. Triple Threat Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The Bar (c) defeated The New Day and The Usos. Sheamus caught Woods with a Brogue Kick mid-springboard to retain the championship.
3. TLC Match: Braun Strowman defeated Baron Corbin. Strowman showed up and announced that since it’s a TLC match, anything goes. Apollo Crews, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, and Finn Bálor showed up with steel chairs to keep Corbin in the ring. Heath Slater took off his referee shirt and attacked Corbin. Everyone beat down Corbin with chairs, causing him to escape. Before he could leave, Kurt Angle showed up to stop him. Everyone did signature moves to Corbin, Slater put his referee shirt back on, and Strowman pinned Corbin with one foot. Per the pre-match stipulation, Strowman now gets a Universal Championship match against Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble and Corbin is no longer the General Manager-Elect of Raw.
4. Tables Match: Natalya put Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan through tables, then powerbombed Riott through a table with a Ruby Riott decal on it to win the match.
5. Finn Bálor defeated Drew McIntyre. Dolph Ziggler interfered, superkicking McIntyre and trying to hit him with a chair. McIntyre rolled Ziggler into the ring and carried in the chair to hit him, so Bálor dropkicked the chair into McIntyre’s chest and hit the Coup de Grace to win.
6. Chairs Match: Rey Mysterio defeated Randy Orton. Orton tried to RKO Mysterio onto a bed of chairs, but Mysterio reversed it and won the match after a wacky chair-assisted roll-up.
– Dolph Ziggler attacked Finn Bálor backstage for some reason.
7. Raw Women’s Championship Match: Ronda Rousey (c) defeated Nia Jax. Rousey countered a “facebreaker” punch into an armbar for the submission victory.
– Becky Lynch punched Nia Jax in the face backstage and it was great.
8. WWE Championship Match: Daniel Bryan (c) defeated AJ Styles. Styles countered the running knee with a small package, and Bryan reversed the momentum to steal the pin with a small package of his own. Note: Daniel Bryan is Mr. Small Package.
9. Intercontinental Championship Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins (c). Rollins “lost his cool” late in the match, and Ambrose was able to dodge a Stomp and hit Dirty Deeds to win the match and the championship. The crowd chanted “this is boring” and “Becky.”
10. TLC Match for the Smackdown Women’s Championship: Asuka defeated Becky Lynch (c) and Charlotte Flair. Ronda Rousey interfered, pushing Flair and Lynch off a ladder and into the ropes. This gave Asuka the opportunity to climb the ladder and win the match, becoming the new Smackdown Women’s Champion.