On Wednesday night, the Yellow Brand held their latest batch of television tapings at Full Sail in Winter Park, Florida. Please be aware that everything you read in the subsequent paragraphs is an actual, massive, legitimate spoiler for what will happen over the next several weeks of NXT television.You may read on only at your own risk. But if you’re the sort of person who just simply cannot wait until next week to find out what happens next, congratulations! This post is for you!
These tapings should take NXT television at least most of the way through December.
Results from the 11/30/16 NXT tapings:
— NXT alum Percy Watson was the third man in the commentary booth for the tapings.
1. Tian Bing defeated Wesley Blake. This was reportedly a dark match.
— #DIY came out to celebrate their tag title win with the crowd. They got in the ring, but before they could cut a promo, they were interrupted by the Authors of Pain and Paul Ellering, who staked their claim to a title shot, having won the Dusty Classic. The Revival then came out and claimed to be the true No. 1 contenders. The Authors shoved the Revival, and Ellering promised they would be the next champions.
2. Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe defeated No Way Jose and Rich Swann. Sawyer Fulton was not present with the rest of SAniTY, and Young stomped on Fulton’s jacket and threw it out of the ring. During the match, Big Damo made his debut, slamming Jose into the ring post. Young hit his finisher and got the pin. Damo left by himself.
3. Ember Moon defeated Kimber Lee. This was Kimber’s NXT debut. Moon hit her finisher and got the pin.
4. Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight defeated Johnny Knockout and Braeden Knight. Dozovic got the pin for his team.
— At the beginning of the second taped episode, it was announced that four matches would determine who would compete in a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine the No. 1 contender for the NXT Championship.
5. Tye Dillinger defeated Eric Young. Dillinger was the first to earn a spot in the Fatal 4-Way. He won by disqualification when he was attacked by Nikki Cross shortly after the match began. Big Damo arrived and destroyed Dillinger in the ring, then left without the rest of SAniTY again.
6. Andrade “Cien” Almas defeated No Way Jose. Almas hit his leg sweep DDT to earn a spot in the Fatal 4-Way.
7. Roderick Strong defeated Elias Samson. Strong qualified for the Fatal 4-Way via pinfall in a short match.
8. Bobby Roode defeated Oney Lorcan. Roode secured the final spot in the No. 1 contender Fatal 4-Way with the Glorious Drop.
9. Peyton Royce defeated Sarah Bridges. Royce won by pinfall with a fisherman suplex.
10. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Patrick Clark. Nakamura won a short match with the Kinshasa.
11. Billie Kay defeated Daria Berenato. Peyton Royce interfered in the match, allowing Kay to hit her big boot finisher for the pin.
— After the match, Kay grabbed the mic and said this was a message to the entire women’s division, then she and Royce challenged Asuka.
12. The Authors of Pain NC Anthony Bowens and Johnny Vandal. This was a squash match, leading to a scary moment near the finish where the Vandal and Bowens bumped heads when the Authors powerbombed Vandal onto Bowens, as you can see below.
Bowens ended up having to be helped to the back as a result. The referee threw out the match when the Authors’ opponents were unable to continue.
13. Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender Match: Bobby Roode defeated Roderick Strong, Andrade “Cien” Almas and Tye Dillinger. Strong pinned Almas for the first elimination, Dillinger then eliminated Strong, and Roode pinned Dillinger to become the new No. 1 contender.
14. NXT Tag Team Championship Match: #DIY (c) defeated The Revival. Gargano and Ciampa hit their double team finisher to get the pin and retain, ending the tapings.