If you didn’t know it already, we are smack dab in the midst of Negroni Week. That’s right, Negroni Week. It’s a whole thing. Bartenders and drinkers alike have decided this combination of gin, Campari, and vermouth is so delicious it deserves seven whole days of hot mixing action. And they’ve gotten 12,000 bars worldwide to participate.
Of course, if you were sipping on the same cocktail morning, noon, and night…well, you might have a drinking problem. But you’d also probably get a little tired of it. Luckily, due to some innovative bartenders, that’s not in the cards. They’ve created alternative takes on the classic, so you can “take a break” from the original.
Check out some of our favorite recipes below.
Prototype – From Death and Co. in Denver
- 1.5 oz Barsol Acholado Pisco
- 0.5 oz Cocchi Vermouth Di Torino
- 0.5 oz Campari
- 0.5 oz Giffard Rhubarb Liqueur
- 1 tsp Wray & Nephew Overproof Jamaican Rum
- Sir and strain. Garnish with grapefruit discard and rhubarb ribbon. Serve in a double old fashioned glass.
The Lido – From Prank Bar in Los Angeles
- 1 1/4 oz Don Abraham Anejo Tequila
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Alessio Vermouth Torino Rosso
- Stir gently and strain
- Garnish with a Flamed Orange peel and Rosemary
Kingston Negroni – From Death and Co. in New York
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Smith & Cross Rum
- 1 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- Stir and strain. Garnish with an orange twist. Serve in a double old fashioned glass.
Palermo Blush – From Bibo Ergo Sum in Los Angeles
- .75 oz Beefeater Gin
- .5 oz Bertoux Brandy
- .75 oz Red Grape Pressed Campari*
- 1 oz Whipped Ginger Orange Juice*
- .75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Shaken in a coupe glass. Garnished with three red grapes on a cocktail pick.
- Sous Vide 250g Red Seedless Grapes with 250ml of Campari at 145 degrees for 60 minutes
- Strain and store chilled
- 2 parts whipped orange juice (juice the whole orange)
- 1 part Ginger Syrup
Inception Negroni – From Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, BC
- 60ml Tanqueray gin
- 20ml Campari
- 20ml sweet vermouth
- 20ml Suze
- 20ml Martini Blanco
- Inception in 6 steps.
- Put Ice Spheres in the freezer for 3 hours at minus 6 degrees Celsius.
- Drill out the spheres with a drill dipped in hot water and empty the water inside the sphere.
- Add pre-chilled Negroni back in. Make it 2:1:1 Tanqueray Gin (40ml), Campari (20ml) and Sweet Vermouth (20ml) recipe to keep it liquid when it freezes.
- Cap the spheres and return to the freezer for about 45 mins to 1 hour. Make White Negroni to go on top, 1:1:1 of Suze (20ml), Martini Bianco (20ml) and Tanqueray Gin (20ml)
- Garnish with lemon twist.
Smoky Negroni – From Hakkasan in New York City
- 1 oz. The Botanist gin
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Carpano Antica vermouth
- Add all ingredients to mixing glass with fresh ice cubes.
- Stir and strain into a decanter.
- Smoke decanter with Grand Marnier soaked woodchips.
- Allow smoke to infuse with liquid. Slowly pour over an ice sphere in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Red Light Negroni – From Tavern in Los Angeles
- 1 oz Bols Genever
- 1 oz Galliano L’Aperitivo
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir well.
- Strain into the lightbulb decanter, serve it next to a rocks glass filled with ice and garnished with an orange twist.
BLT Negroni – From Young Kim at The Flatiron Room
- 1 oz infused and fat washed Gin
- 1/2 oz Campari
- 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1.2 oz Lillet Blanc
- 1/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Bacon, Boston Lettuce, Cherry Tomato garnish
- Infuse 1 clove each of garlic and shallot with Gin using rapid infuser.
- Fat wash infused Gin with bacon fat.
- Pour all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously.
- Pour into double old fashioned glass with big ice cube.
- Garnish with Bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Finish with salt and pepper at the table.