Last year, Dr. Dre apologized to “the women he hurt” and blamed age and immaturity after journalist Dee Barnes recounted the night the Apple Music exec allegedly pummeled her 1991. The apology also came after ex-girlfriend Michel’le said she suffered five black eyes, cracked ribs and scars during the course of her relationship with the super producer. Her story was left untold in N.W.A.’s biopic Straight Outta Compton, so Michel’le is taking to the small screen with an upcoming biopic, which may include Dr. Dre physically assaulting her. However, Dre is crying foul.
According to TMZ , Dr. Dre is reportedly threatening to sue Sony Pictures if they air scenes from the Lifetime biopic, Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le, that paint him as a violent and abusive boyfriend. The former N.W.A. member’s attorney sent Sony a cease and desist, demanding they remove all defamatory footage or be sued as a result. According to TMZ, The Michel’le Story will feature Dre attacking the “No More Lies” singer, punching her in the face and pulling a gun on her. Attacks Michel’le has claimed she suffered from Dre before.
However, Dre says he never once laid a hand on Michel’le when the two were together 30 years ago. Citing a lack of proof, the 51-year-old Forbes “Cash Kings” list mainstay adds that the fact that there aren’t any medical reports or police records proves his innocence.
Dre’s threat follows Suge Knight’s threat from June. Suge’s attorney said they were prepared to sue if the biopic depicted his client in a bad light. In 2013, Michel’le claimed Suge viciously backhanded her jaw out of alignment.
Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le airs October 15.