THANKSGIVING. FAMILY. CHAOS. FOOD. FOOTBALL. ALCOHOL. You know how it goes.
Anyway…here are a few of our favorite cocktail recipes to help you weather the storm or surf on the wave.
Butternut Squash Old Fashioned — Little Dom’s in Los Angeles, Calif.
- 2 oz. squash-infused Sazarac Rye
- Dash of Giffard Banana Liqueur
- Dash of walnut bitters
- Orange peel garnish
- For the infusion: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; Toss squash in bowl with maple syrup and cinnamon; Bake for 15 minutes; Add squash to rye and let sit for 2 – 3 weeks.
Rosemary’s Piglet — Salty Sow in Austin, Texas
- ½ oz Pomegranate Juice
- ¾ oz Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Combine ingredients
- Top with bubbles
- Top with rosemary cube for fragrance
Mezcal Negroni — Pistola in Los Angeles, Calif.
- 1 ½ oz. El Silencio Mezcal
- ¾ oz. Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- ¾ Gran Classico
- 3 Dashes of Black Walnut Bitters
- Orange zest (For garnish)
- Stir ingredients with ice in pint glass
- Pour in coupe glass
- Garnish with an orange zest
Fall Fashioned — Playa Provisions in Los Angeles, Calif.
- 1oz Buffalo Trace
- 1oz Lairds Apple Brandy
- .125oz St Elizabeth’s All Spice Dram
- .25 cinnamon brown sugar simple syrup
- 1 dash angostura bitters
- Stir and pour over ice into an old-fashioned glass.
Fireside Sour — Spoonbar in Healdsburg, Calif.
- 1.5 oz. W.L. Weller Special Reserve Bourbon
- 5 oz Campari
- 5 oz Pur Likor Spice Blood Orange Liquer
- .25 ozz lemon
- .5 oz egg white
- Dash cranberry bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with no ice, and shake for 15 seconds to full and shake for another 15 seconds. Double strain into a a martini glass and finish with a dash of bitters.
Ladybird — Geraldine’s in Austin, Texas
- 2 oz Lustau Amontillado Sherry
- 4 oz Argus Ciderkin Cider
- 3 Dashes Bar Keep Sarsparilla Bitters
- 5 oz of rich Demerara simple syrup
- Build all in Collins glass over crushed ice, add cider last.
- Garnish with an edible orchid flower.
The Oaxacan Chalice — Bar Takito, Chicago, Ill.
- .25oz Genepy
- .75 oz of Capaletti
- .75 oz of Carpano Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz of Vida mezcal
- Stir in a glass for 40 revolutions
- Garnish with an orange peel
- Pour into 5 oz footed rocks glass with 2 cubes
Mouthful of Diamonds — Bar Takito, Chicago, Ill.
- ½ oz of lime juice
- ½ oz of agave
- ¼ oz of Hibiscus Tea
- ¼ oz of Luxardo Maraschino
- ½ oz of Crema de Mezcal
- 1 oz of Corazon Blanco
- Stir in 12 oz carrot glass (or shake, planning on 1.5oz dilution)
- Garnish with a lime wheel