Ray Stevenson is an actor perhaps best known for portraying Titus Pullo on HBO’s Rome and Isaak Sirko on Showtime’s Dexter. You may have also seen him in films like Thor, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Divergent. More recently, Stevenson appeared in Insurgent, which is available for purchase on DVD and Blu-ray August 4.
Ray was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Talisker 18-year Double, room temp, still water on the side (no ice!).
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
A Japanese actor I worked with on Thor, Asano Tadanobu. He’s involved in three or four rock bands, has his own online fashion brand and includes photos of his latest looks from whatever project he’s working on. And he posts sketch cartoons, which are great!
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
I have to admit that I’m seldom home enough to claim a working knowledge of either of these.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A smorgasbord of each and every cultural dish that exists, or indeed has ever existed globally, including all starters, mains, desserts, tasters, accompanying wines, spirits and beers, ports, legally and illegally distilled products, each and every type, style and form of smoking article, each and every organically based psychedelic and hallucinate available, and each and every type, style and form of metals, minerals, and edible matter available. This should see me through and see me out!!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I’m quite into the postings from “SSN Insider” to keep me abreast of the business I’m in.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Dora the Explorer.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
The names of the forearm bones (radius and ulnas, respectively).
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Joe Bonamassa at the House of Blues on Sunset Boulevard in L.A.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
I want to say “A Book of Stamps,” but, alas, those days are long, long gone.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
“Nicest” is such a strange word to ponder on! I’m not sure I can even think of anything within the confines of “nicest.” Sorry.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
PAW Patrol is where it’s at, “dude.”
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
This is my personal abject nightmare scenario!!! I know myself well enough to know I’d sit on my ass watching utter crap, pondering the meaning of life and the quality of the salt and vinegar flavor of my chips. I’d scribble some existential nonsense, design some ugly, completely useless “thing” no one would waste a brain cell on, convince myself I am actually beginning to understand quantum physics and seriously try to visualize myself into a non-drug-induced transcendental trip. (All this by 10 a.m.! — The rest of the day can take care of itself!!)
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I have tried to support teams throughout the years, but I lose touch with their progress, forget when and where they’re playing — basically, I’m a crap sports fan.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Qualify “best!!!” Is it the meal your mother cooks when you return from student, self-imposed crapness? Is the “first date” meal punctuated with fluttering hearts, devastatingly awkward dialogue and the crushing fleshy flashes which give promises of finally tasting forbidden fruit? Is it the meal you eat as a first-time father as you gaze at your newborn?
18. The last movie you saw in a theatre?
The new Jurassic Park movie.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I think that when this phenomenon occurred (actually realizing I was, and forever will be, lost to women), it was such a tsunami of smiles, figures, attitudes, talents, legs, lips, eyes, laughs, wit, agility and this strange thing called “sensuality” that I couldn’t possibly single out one “celebrity crush” amongst the raining abundance that I was willingly drowning in.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
PREVIOUSLY: Lee Camp