Hello, friends. We are back with another episode of the “it me” podcast and our guest this week is a very special one as Vince Wilfork, five-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle and two-time Super Bowl champion with the New England Patriots, stopped by for a fun conversation about food, football, and fashion.
Wilfork wouldn’t give us any rib recipes despite our best efforts, but explained why he thinks ribs should be the official food of the United States — he even has a petition with Kingsford to make it happen — and that cooking and eating are his favorite things, which is why he dances while he does it.
We also talked about his time with the Patriots, Belichick memories, and, most importantly, his thoughts on male rompers.
In this week’s episode we discuss:
- The “Patriots Way” and what’s actually different about how New England operates compared to other NFL teams
- Bill Belichick being a pretty funny guy in private
- Whether the 2001 Miami team is the best college team ever
- Ribs being great
- Dancing while cooking
- Male rompers
- Martin and Robby say goodbye to Vince, keep talking ribs
- More 2001 Miami talk
- The NBA Draft Lottery
- What the Celtics and Sixers should do at No. 1 and No. 3
- Excitement for another Cavs-Warriors NBA Finals
And much, much more!
As always, comments and tweets are welcome. Subscribe to us on iTunes, too! You can find Robby at (@rkalland) and Martin at (@martinrickman). Vince is at (@wilfork75). Sports are great and so are friends, but sports are always better with friends.
Special thanks to the band Annabel for our intro and outro music. They’re really good. You should buy their music at their website or perhaps see them play a show some time.