Jon Reep is a comic from North Carolina probably best known for winning the fifth season of NBC’s Last Comic Standing. You may have also seen him portraying Jed Forney on HBO’s Eastbound and Down and/or portraying Raymus in Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Reep recently released a new stand-up album, Ginger Pain, on 800 LB Gorilla Records. You can preview clips of the special here and here. Jon took a few minutes to participate in our vaunted twenty questions questionnaire recently.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Two fireballs, to match the two I already have in my pants.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Randy Quaid’s Instagram always delivers.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR or in your streaming queue?
A lot of different Netflix Docuseries. Evil Genius, Murder Mountain, Making a Murderer. You know, just a bunch of inspirational stuff.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Easy, two Chick-fil-a sandwiches smothered in Duke’s mayonnaise, extra crispy waffle fries, sweet tea, & a shot of Wild Turkey’s Rare Breed.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Facebook, Amazon, Fantasy Football stuff, Pinterest & GingersMeet.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
It’s actually a clip of Artie Lange’s stand-up from Jack & Coke. Because every time I plug my phone into my car it plays the first track in alphabetical order. Which is embarrassing when my mom is in the car and Artie’s talking about how fun it is to say “Tony Homo on crystal meth.”
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Stay away from Kent Stamey & Chad Bowman and don’t get married.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Where is Kent Stamey?
9. Dogs or cats?
I like both. Although, I don’t have either. I travel too much.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Number two is Guns & Roses 1991, number one was Dave Matthews but that was because I did ecstasy for the first time.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My dad helping me buy my first car which was a 1982 Berlinetta Camaro.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Well, I have to say Family Guy since South Park invented Kick a Ginger Day.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
It starts with some amazing morning sex, then later I’d eat some chicken pan pie while sitting in my recliner and watching a good docuseries on Netflix.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Better Off Dead or Revenge of the Nerds.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Only the Carolina Panthers. Even though they kicked me out one time for dancing in the end zone with the mascot. Seriously, Google it.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At home in Hickory, NC. We got take out from Chick-fil-A.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Olivia Newton John from the movie Xanadu. She’s an angel.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
I like breakfast for dinner. So I would make him a nice breakfast burrito then tell him the eggs I used are cage-free. Then I would hold my hand in the air, waiting for a high-five that of course would never come.