Adam Savage (above left) is a designer and television star best known as one of the hosts of Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters, which is currently in its 13th season. The next episode — titled “Flights of Fancy” — airs July 25. You can watch a preview of it here.
Adam was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Well, I stopped drinking a few years back so likely it’s soda water or a non alcoholic beer. Non alcoholic beer is a form of gambling. Nobody carries more than one and most of them suck; for some reason I keep trying.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I love @meganamram and @paulftompkins
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Watching Better Call Saul for the second time. My wife just finished Breaking Bad for her first time, so now we are on to Saul. Vince and his team are geniuses.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Last meal? Wow. I’d go with Sushi and Sashimi. Maybe with some tempura fried unagi.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Boingboing, Metafilter, Slashdot, Ycombinator, Tested, Reddit, Digg, Jalopnik, Deadspin.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“The Crane Wife” by the Decemberists.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Still Dick Cheney.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. Is that even a choice?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Peter Gabriel. Madison Square Garden 1986. The So tour. Nobody wasn’t dancing.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Anything by Raymond Chandler.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Anyone who ever gave me a second chance after I burned my first one.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Go to the ISS (International Space Station). You said ANYTHING. If I can’t leave earth then I’d do it thus:
Breakfast that I cook for and eat with my family.
A few hours in the shop completing a build.
Dinner with the family.
Watch a movie with my kids in the evening.
Finishing up on my deck with my wife going over the details of the day.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Depahhted (Boston accent).
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Sports teams? I don’t follow sports but I watched the women’s soccer team win the World Cup. That was cool.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In my house. My wife is an amazing cook and we have some incredible chefs as friends.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
F*CKIN’ STEAKS! Mashed potatoes and asparagus spears. I’ll bet Nic would appreciate that.
PREVIOUSLY: Lauren Elizabeth Luthringshausen