If you watch The Talking Dead, you were treated to an unusually good episode last night, in part because they had three cast members on the couch (Noah, Glenn, and Eugene) instead of outside celebrity fans who often don’t contribute as much. One of the guys was Josh McDermitt, who plays Eugene, and who was actually on Chris Hardwick’s Nerdist podcast earlier this week. He talked about his struggling career in stand-up, which he more or less bailed on since being cast in The Walking Dead (he also said that he lives in Atlanta now, which suggests that — as far as he knows — he has a decent future on the show). He also talked about the Eugene and Glenn fan fiction (which I didn’t realize existed) and the amusing possibility of The Walking Dead outtakes where characters discuss Seinfeld, the ending of The Sopranos, and Lord of the Rings while walking through the woods.
Anyway, there was a mildly amusing transition screen that showed Josh McDermitt’s 10 Favorite Lines That Didn’t Make The Final Cut. It was only on the screen for a few seconds, so if you missed it (or don’t watch The Talking Dead), it’s worth a laugh or two.
Here’s what it said:
10. “Eugene is GORGEOUS.”
9. “Yeah, Daryl’s arms are sexy. But have you seen Eugene’s calves? They’re things of beauty. A real American treasure.”
8. “Only Eugene could pull off shorts in the apocalypse. Good for him.”
7. “I thought about cutting Eugene’s mullet in his sleep, but I’m actually in love with it.”
6. “Tell that walker to just chill out a minute. I’m trying to check my Twitter, but apparently the internet is still down.”
5. “Eugene! Here, hold Judith!”
4. “I’m just kidding. I really AM a scientist!”
2. “Eugene taught me how to use my crossbow more efficiently.”
1. “Rick, you’re out! Eugene, you’re our new leader. It’s now a Eugenetatorship! I mean, uhhhh, never mind. Forget I said that.”