Joseph Sikora is an actor probably best known for his roles on HBO’s True Detective (as Ginger, the Skinhead), Boardwalk Empire (as Hans Schroeder) and Banshee (as Sharp). He currently plays Tommy Egan on Starz’s Power, a drama about the international drug trade that 50 Cent serves as the executive producer of. The show returns for its second season on Saturday, June 6.
Joseph was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Pig ‘N Whistle — Rye Manhattan up with a twist.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Secrets of New York.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Flank steak marinated in soy sauce and brown sugar, my mother’s potato casserole and a classic Caesar salad.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
WorldstarHipHop.com, HuffPost.com and Uptick.com!
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Only Living Boy in New York” by Paul Simon and “The Punisher” by Rakim.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Anybody abusing an animal.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
Let’s look… “Origin of Leptictidium.”
9. Dogs or cats?
Both. I have one of each.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Special Beat Service at the Cabaret Metro in Chicago.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Golden Rules of Acting by Andy Nyman.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My parents gave me life, love and guidance.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Go surfing with my brothers in the morning, then a few games of pool, Broadway show, romantic dinner with my wife, and then go home and make a baby.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Bears, Bulls, Cubbies. Mets, Jets, Knicks.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Well, one of the happiest times of my life that involved food was in North London eating a battered sausage and chips at “The Best Chip Shop in Town,” on the Cricklewood Broadway.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Pork chops and applesauce.
PREVIOUSLY: Stephnie Weir.