Jesse Farrelly, 20-year-old son of director Bobby Farrelly and nephew of Peter, died this week of an apparent drug overdose in Orange County, CA. He’d had bit parts in a few of the Farrelly Brothers’ movies, including There’s Something about Mary and Hall Pass.
According to law enforcement … emergency personnel responded to an apartment in Costa Mesa, CA late Wednesday night after getting a call about an “unresponsive young male … possible overdose.”
We’re told 20-year-old Jesse was transported to a nearby hospital … where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The coroner has completed the autopsy and has ruled out foul play.
The Farrelly family has released a statement saying, “It is with profound sorrow that we accept the passing of our beloved Jesse following his struggle with addiction. We fully trust that he is now in the hands of our Lord.”
The statement continues, “We are immeasurably grateful for the abundance of happiness and laughter he brought into our lives, and we will rejoice eternally for all the moments we got to breathe in his wondrous spirit. The family thanks you for your well wishes and kindly asks that you respect our privacy during this difficult time.” [TMZ]
So yeah, not the most hilarious news, I apologize. I suddenly feel like saying nice things about Three Stooges.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.