Listen on the player above, or download this week’s episode as an mp3 here (right-click, “save as.”)
This week on the Frotcast, Bret’s gone, but we’ve got Fake Bret, and Man’s Best Friend’s Worst Enemy, Laremy Legel. This week, we talk the Olympics, read some North Korean propaganda, discuss the Chik-Fil-A gay chicken disaster, and argue about Sight & Sound’s new Top 10 movies of all time:
The Critics’ Top 10 Greatest Films of All Time
1. Vertigo (Hitchcock, 1958)
2. Citizen Kane (Welles, 1941)
3. Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953)
4. La Règle du jeu (Renoir, 1939)
5. Sunrise: a Song for Two Humans (Murnau, 1927)
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)
7. The Searchers (Ford, 1956)
8. Man with a Movie Camera (Dziga Vertov, 1929)
9. The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer, 1927)
10. 8 ½ (Fellini, 1963)
Question: If the most recent movie on your list is 44 years old, why the f*ck are you putting out a “new” list? Cool story, bros.
COME TO MY COMEDY SHOWS! August 11th with Jerrod Carmichael! August 30th WITH JOE KING AND PAULY DANGEROUSLY! November 3rd or 11tth, live Frotcast in Chicago.
Subscribe on iTunes. Email us at email@example.com. Voicemail us at 415.275.0030. Follow me on Twitter. Follow Ben on Twitter. Download the Stitcher App and stream the Frotcast to your iPhone or Android device. Fan us on Facebook.
Time-stamped notes below, courtesy of Adam:
This week we are missing Bret, but we bring Laremy on to talk about the Olympics, the “new” list of top 10 movies, talk about dogs eating poop, listen to a voicemail, and talk about Chick-Fil-A rage.
- oo:00:53 - The Frotcast kicks off with Fake Bret, an Outward Bound experience leading to fecal impaction, and Fernet vs. Jagermeister. A listener calls in asking for advice about his dog’s poop eating, and Brendan and Vince share their own stories about their pets eating a particular kind of poop.
- 00:08:57 – Laremy joins the Frotcast to discuss the Olympics. The guys talk about some of their least favorite events, the badminton controversy, talk nonsense about swimming, the lack of revealing outfits for volleyball, synchronized diving, and North Korea’s Olympic propaganda. Michael Jackson’s prodigy get brought up as well as Kim Jong Two.
- 00:28:57 – Some more Newsroom talk, most specifically the LOL misunderstanding that Vince finds to be inconceivable. Laremy mentions his upcoming morning show segment: the best sports movies. This leads to the guys wondering what James Van Der Beek has been up to, and talk about You Tube comments sparked by Burnsy’s recent post on With Leather.
- 00:37:52 – Vince brings up Sight & Sound’s Top 10 Greatest Films Of All Time list. The group talk about their disdain for credits before films, the 3 Hobbit films, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and what scenes they would like to see in The Hobbit films.
- 00:54:06 – Laremy saw The Babymakers. Broke Lizard’s films get brought up. Ben is excited for the new Total Recall, and Brendan is put off by Kate Beckinsale’s teeth.
- 00:59:50 – The guys dive into the Chick-fil-A controversy and things get a little political. 5 Guys gets some hate, the levels of kosher get revealed, and Ben is amazed at the phenomena of food trucks.